One of our local authority clients are currently recruiting for a Financial Intelligence Officer. This is a temporary contract for 2 months with possible further extension based on budget and performance.
Main Purpose of Post/Job Summary
* To gather and develop intelligence from a variety of sources including SAR data and or provide financial intelligence and support to those working in the intelligence field and those managing live incidents and investigations.
* To work with colleagues to achieve service plan objectives/targets.
* To participate in One to One Performance Development Reviews and contribute to the identification of your own and team development needs.
* To ensure full compliance with the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, the NATIS Health and Safety Policy and all locally agreed safe methods of work.
* At the discretion of the Head of Service, such other activities as may from time to time may be agreed consistent with the nature of the job described above.
* Develop plans in conjunction with Senior Investigation Officers and Financial Investigators to determine and reach agreement on joint objectives and agree how financial intelligence can support investigations.
* Receive, record and sanitise financial intelligence in accordance with the National Intelligence Model and the Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996 to support the investigation of financial and other crime.
* Investigate Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and Defence Against Money Laundering reports (DAMLs) in accordance with protocols to produce and provide valid financial intelligence packages to investigations.
* Use Proceeds of Crime Act 2000 and other legislation, gateways and external agencies to develop intelligence packages for use in financial and other investigations.
* Interrogate the Financial Intelligence Gateway (FIG) and other sources of information to develop financial intelligence for investigations.
* Assist in any other reasonable line of enquiry as directed by the Head of Criminal Finance.
The above is a brief overview of the role, details and specification will be provided should you be successful. If interested in this position, please send your CV to Jahker Miah at Coyle Personnel Ltd