A CAD Technician is required to join the Ideal Building Systems team based in Bridlington. The business has gone from strength to strength over the last 10 years with turnover doubling in that period. Working with councils, schools, and other businesses, the client is experiencing a period of growth with over 20 live projects being completed at present.
The CAD technician will work within the technical team and be responsible for:
* Being aware of cost estimates and working with in them, where possible use innovative design to reduce cost
* Ensuring designs are delivered in time with both construction and manufacturing schedules
* Ensuring that production of designs are timely
* Controlling any necessary amendments to designs
* Working closely with the Structural Engineer interpreting and responding to queries, ensuring feedback is incorporated into designs.
* Working closely with Production Managers and manufacturing staff, interpreting and responding to queries, ensuring feedback is incorporated into designs.
* Working with architects and surveyors drawings and ideas into comprehensive working drawings
To be successful in the role of CAD technician, you will be/have:
* Proficient with REVIT packages
* A solid understanding of BIM/BIM processes including the use of CDE
* Experience in use of AutoCAD 2D is preferable
* Working knowledge of non-domestic Building Regulations
* Experience within the Modular Building Industry
* Experience of using iSbem software and an understanding of Part L2A is preferred
* Ability to communicate in a technical manner with internal and external stakeholders
Emmerson Kitney are working as a retained partner of Ideal Building Systems all 3rd party and direct applicants will be forwarded to Emmerson Kitney to be part of a fair and equal process.
Please apply by following the directions on the website, alternatively for more information and a full outline of the role, call Joe Makin on (phone number removed).
Emmerson Kitney recruit for IT, Sales, Marketing, Engineering & Finance roles at all levels throughout the region. If this role is not suitable for you we would be happy to have an informal chat regarding any future opportunities.
While we will endeavour to respond to every applicant personally, on occasion this is not always possible, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful.
Emmerson Kitney is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Policy is available upon request.
Emmerson Kitney is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments