We are currently working with a nationwide provider of O&M services to the solar PV sector who currently managed over 1GW of sites across the UK.
Owing to a sustained period of growth they are actively seeking an experienced Solar O&M Technician carry out a mix of preventive and corrective maintenance on their portfolio of solar PV assets.
Work to a planned maintenance schedule issued by your line manager
Respond in a timely manner to breakdowns, diagnosing faults and Inspecting work both in progress and upon completion
Repair equipment when necessary and Inspect work for satisfactory performance.
Participate and provide on the job training to colleagues
Review suitable stocks of supplies and equipment
Advise manager on required stock levels and cost
Ensure compliance with in-house health and safety policy
Recommend improvements and modifications
Build and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders including the public
Document work undertaken / daily activities and provide a daily activity report
Recognise issues and assess risks and review any findings with management
Participate in internal and external meetings as requested
Identify and meet personal job-related training and development as required.
* BS 7671 17th or 18th Edition Electrical Regulations
* Good knowledge of DC, AC, communications and circuit protection and will have strong fault-finding skills
* Worked on large-scale solar PV projects
* Comprehensive knowledge of DC Electrical systems
* Ability to understand site drawings and SLDs.
* Ability to work under pressure and deal with emergency situations
* Must have strong IT and communication skills
* Must be hardworking, reliable and flexible
* Must be able to work well as part of a team
* HV Approved/Authorised Person (training can be provided)
* Experience of working with central inverter manufacturers
* BS 2391 Inspection and Testing
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.
Please send your CV or contact Andy Newland