Director of Finance & IT
Competitive salary and benefits
Are you a talented senior finance professional who is passionate about innovation and change? Are you an inspiring leader able to motivate and bring out the best in your team? Can you provide sound strategic and operational ownership of the finance strategy and deliver cost improvement plans? Then this just might be the opportunity for you...
As an expanding not-for-profit company, Shropdoc provides a range of medical services and out-of-hours GP care for patients 24/7, 365 days a year across Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin, and Powys. Employing c. 180 people and with over 200 GP members, the team at Shropdoc is committed to providing first class patient care and creating positive change to support the many challenges facing the healthcare sector today.
With strong ambitions to grow and innovate, Shropdoc is looking to appoint a forward thinking, confident and experienced Director of Finance & IT to help deliver the organisation's strategy against a challenging financial backdrop. Reporting to and supporting the Chief Executive, the Director of Finance & IT is a key member of the Executive Team and leads the finance and IT functions.
This role is about managing the overall financial performance of Shropdoc, driving cost improvements and a culture of high performance whilst providing constructive challenge and sustainable solutions. With a versatile leadership style, you will engage with multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally, to lead on significant change programmes. You will also ensure the company operates within all regulatory guidance, statutory and legislative requirements across the organisation. With a thorough understanding of the financial requirements of an organisation working within the NHS Health and Care Sector, you will help to deliver the successful, sustainable transformation of this complex SME.
Who You'll Be:
* An experienced senior finance professional with a strong track record of managing finance functions and other resources such as IT.
* Strong commercial and business acumen, with the ability to listen to others to develop entrepreneurial and innovative solutions to complex problems
* Able to operate both strategically and operationally with a 'hands-on/roll sleeves up' style
* An inspiring people manager, able to motivate and take people on the journey of change.
* Previous NHS/Care Sector experience including knowledge of NHS pensions (desirable)
* ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
* Knowledge of contract costing, tenders, and IR35 rules (desirable)
* Forward-thinking, collaborative, confident and solution oriented.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an entrepreneurial business at an exciting point in its journey. It will suit a tenacious and strategic leader with a passion for healthcare and the gravitas to engage, enthuse and influence others.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV to our retained Consultant, Lisa Wormald, Director at ResourceBank Executive, including details of your current remuneration package. Deadline for applications is 23rd October 2020