About The Role
We are looking for a passionate and caring individual with a proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team. You will be responsible for medical costs, annual leave management, and sickness management. Good time management skills, ability to prioritise and organise is essential. Our main aim is to help our residents maintain their dignity and independence in our homely surrounding.
As a Unit Manager at Grey Ferrers, HC-One, you'll value kindness above all. Because it drives every aspect of our Dementia, Nursing, Residential and Specialist care homes. Every single person who works here understands that our residents are people just like them with their own stories to tell. And, by joining us, you'll have a wonderful opportunity to give something back to those people. Taking responsibility for the well-being of our residents, including making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met. Leading, motivating and mentoring to your team and delivering clinical guidance and training to ensure the safe, smooth and efficient running of the care home. Carrying out assessments and developing, implementing and evaluating individualised care plans for each of our residents. Monitoring work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to relevant standards, policies and legislation. Generally promoting our residents' independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care and striving for continuous improvement.
Resisted General Nurse or Registered Mental Health Nurse qualification is essential. This post includes 5 hours per week Supernumerary.
What you'll need
• A Valid Pin number
• Knowledge of National Standards and NMC code of practice.
• First Level registration Registered Nurse (RGN.RMN) for a Nursing House with at least 2 years post registration experience .
• Background in person centred care planning within a care home.
• A willingness to coach, guide and support your team on a daily basis, including providing formal and informal programmes of teaching to colleagues and other care professionals.
• A genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development.
• A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and belief in giving your personal best at all times.
About The Company
More about the home
Located in Braunstone, a peaceful residential area of Leicester, Grey Ferrers is a friendly care home, offering nursing, nursing dementia and residential dementia care.
Read more about Grey Ferrers on (url removed)