Accountancy Selection, part of Champion Recruitment, have registered a new opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join a reputable organisation based in South Oxfordshire. As Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for accurate, timely and appropriate financial information to management, ensuring compliance with internal financial policies/procedures and external accounting and tax requirements. You will also own responsibility for driving the cash performance and managing working capital of the business.
* Preparation of cash flow and working capital forecasts, budgets and reporting
* Working with the business to achieve excellent cash performance
* Preparation of statutory annual reports
* Prepare supporting information for audits, including liaising with internal and external auditors.
* Ensure compliance with internal controls
* Day to day management of Credit Control Manager and Assistant Financial Accountant
* Undertake 1-2-1 meetings, appraisals and other staff meetings
* Improve systems and processes within the team to ensure it is running in the most efficient and effective way, develop new reports.
* Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations
* Preparation of date for Corporation Tax returns
* Preparation of various period end, half year and year end reports for internal and group reporting
* Provide support for wider finance team during peak times and periods of high leave
To be successful in your application for the role of Financial Accountant, you will be a commercially focused, newly qualified or a finalist Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA), or equivalent. You will be able to liaise and influence at all levels, you will possess excellent attention to detail and have the ability to work using your initiative and prioritise work to meet deadlines. Ideally, you will have strong knowledge of IFRS accounting standards, knowledge of statutory accounts and experience of managing and motivating a team
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Suitable applicants for this role will be contacted. If you do not hear back within 4 working days, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to view the website for alternative opportunities.
Accountancy Selection, a trading division of the registered company Champion Employment Limited, acting as an Employment Agency