Vitality, Configuration Analyst, Bournemouth, £Competitive plus bonus and benefits
We're the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we're out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you'll enjoy: complimentary breakfasts; regular onsite physical and mental wellness workshops; on-site health checks; annual flu jabs, and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
It's what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members, and good for you.
As our Configuration Analyst, you'll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Access to The Vitality Programme - Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Champneys Spa days, half price gym memberships, Disney Store discounts to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions, and awards - a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
As an accomplished CMDB Configuration Analyst, you will manage the maintenance and accuracy of the CMDB and its CI's. You will also be responsible for maintaining and introducing new Service Maps, this will involve acting as the collaborator with project management to define and collect the information required to integrate and map new services in to the CMDB and Service Map register.
You will define requirements for monitoring and reporting on the controlled CI's against appropriate operational areas. And you will apply a predefined risk assessment against our CI's and business services to aid with criticality and priory assessments against those services.
Responsibilities as our Configuration Analyst:
- Support the definition and application of a CI governance policy
- Support the definition and application of a Service Mapping policy
- Apply a defined risk assessment policy against new and existing CI's and Service Maps
- Assess the IT Operational readiness of new and varied IT Services
- Define requirements for reporting across our CMDB estate to enforce governance and prove health of the estate - deliver this into department and team dashboards
- Collaborate with project management to define and collect the information required to integrate and map new services in to the CMDB and Service Map register
- Work with technical teams to integrate monitoring systems with our CMDB CI's to capture performance information
- Experience with auto discovery tools
- Audit the CI inventory to ensure accuracy
- Develop a CSI process to improve the performance and accuracy of the CMDB
- Ensure that the CMDB records are kept accurate and relevant MI is provided to IT Service Managers and Information Security
- Control the end of life closure of CI's and dependant Maps
Skills and experience required to become our Configuration Analyst:
- CI analyst training
- Service Now knowledge
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a technical discipline, although relevant work experience will be acceptable
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint, with Project & Visio
- ITIL v2 or v3 Service Manager's Certificate or equivalent
- Prince 2, APM, MSP or other suitable Project/Programme Management Qualification
- Detailed understanding of the financial services sector with insurance knowledge an advantage
Closing Date: Friday 9th October 2020
Working for Vitality, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Configuration Analyst, thenplease click 'apply' today.