A large, dynamic further education college in Merseyside is seeking a high quality Health and Social Care Lecturer for a full-time position with the potential to continue until Christmas.
This OFSTED Good college is a friendly, diverse and vibrant place to work with students and the local community at the heart of everything they do. Join over 570 staff catering for 5000 students across 300 courses from basic skills to honours degrees with access to state of the art facilities and industry specific workshops.
The post holder will have the ability to motivate and engage a range of students with inspirational and innovative approaches to delivering Health and Social Care up to Level 3 and be able to deliver high quality teaching and learning using practical, real life scenarios.
* To deliver well-planned, fun and unmissable teaching, presenting the subject matter as part of an ambitious, coherently structured plan of learning, systematically checking your own understanding so you are confident that learners are building knowledge and acquiring skills to achieve curriculum outcomes that support progression to future learning and employment.
* Implement appropriate feedback and assessment systems in line with the College's expectations. Provide clear, direct and constructive feedback which addresses misconceptions and enables students to embed and develop their knowledge and skill.
* Maintain a fair and disciplined learning environment, setting clear expectations for behaviour and addressing concerns in a timely manner following College policies and procedures.
* Previous full or part-time experience delivering well planned and engaging lessons for Health and Social Care subjects up to level 3
* Competent in the use of technology to underpin learning and assessment and support the development of independent learning
* A PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification
* A minimum level 3 Health & Social Care qualification
* (Desirable) Previous experience delivering CACHE Awarding Body H&SC qualifications
* A DBS on the update service (or DBS with childs & adults barred list - dated within 1 year)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
Whatever your career goals, we've got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits - your future is in good hands.
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion