We have an outstanding opportunity to join the Wey Education plc as an IT Service Technician. You will be working from home remotely however be required to attend our head office in Crickhowell as and when required. In return you will receive a highly competitive salary of £20,000 - £24,000 per annum based on experience.
Wey Education PLC is a leading online provider of primary, secondary and college education in the UK. With almost 3,000 students, Interhigh and alternative provision division Academy 21, make up the two entities of the AIM listed public company. We are an ambitious company with quality education and student engagement at the heart of everything we do.
The IT Service Technician role:
We are recruiting an IT Service Technician to expand the Technology department. You will be joining a team who have a hands-on approach, each day can be very different in a broad and varied position. Primarily you will be supporting 100+ users both remotely and onsite whilst also being involved in a variety of other IT related tasks. There may be occasional UK site visits required.
The successful candidate will report directly into the IT Service Manager.
As our IT Service Technician, you will:
- Support 150+ users remotely, on-site and internationally
- Support a variety of software packages such as Office 365 and Adobe Connect.
- IT asset administration
- Strong knowledge of Office365 including the ability to troubleshoot
- Assisting with new IT deployments and projects across the business in a fast-paced environment.
- Hardware maintenance
- Liaising with 3rd party vendors.
Our ideal IT Service Technician will have:
- Previous experience providing IT support (essential)
- ITIL / ITSM experience or qualification
- Windows 7 / 10
- Microsoft Office 2016 / 365
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve problems methodically and logically
- Empathise with user frustrations; capable of dealing with people in a calm, effective manner
- Able to troubleshoot problems and find creative solutions with lasting benefits.
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to form good relationships
- Good administration/clerical skills for updating records
- The ability to work independently where necessary but in a collaborative team environment where appropriate.
- Experience developing custom web applications (desirable)
- Knowledge of the Education Sector would be an advantage
- Change and business improvement focused
- Capability to work effectively in dynamic and changing environments
- An ambition to place Wey's offering at the forefront of the marketplace.
Ideally the candidate will be qualified up to Bachelor's degree level in Information Technology or a relevant Information Technology qualification.
Wey Education plc is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practise across the school.
Please click 'apply' today to join Wey Education plc as our IT Service Technician and be a key part of its growth as Wey changes the face of education worldwide - we would love to hear from you