Position: Management Accountant
Type: Permanent/Full Time
Reports to: Finance Manager
RPS is looking for an actively studying or Part Qualified Management Accountant to provide support to the Finance Manager and Finance Director in preparing, analysing and distributing management information and working on adhoc reports and special projects.
The role will ideally suit someone with AAT level 4 (or equivalent), or a studying/ part qualified CIMA or ACCA.
You'll have the capability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across the Finance function in addition to working with local offices. It's a great time to join RPS. We are in a period of significant transformation and you'll have exposure to a variety of projects including the lead up to the implementation of a new global ERP system (Dynamics 365) in 2021. We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers.
- Preparation and analysis of month end office management accounts for offices within the division.
- Analysis of team performances within offices
- Provide robust explanations for any significant trends/variations to target or forecast for each business unit.
- Assist local offices to resolve issues/queries on operation of RPS Systems e.g. Sharpowl, PRS, COB reporting
- Assist with change management in lead up to new ERP system implementation in 2021.
- Assist in the cleansing and reconciling of balance sheet codes in preparation of new ERP system
- Assist in the production of yearly budgets
- Assisting the Finance Manager and Finance Director with adhoc reports and special projects
- Assistant Management Accountant (Minimum 2 years) or:
- Management Accounting (Minimum 2 years)
- AAT level 4 or equivalent and/or
- Studying/Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA
Technical knowledge including UK GAAP and IFRS
- Intermediate/ Advanced Excel and Report creating skills
- SUN, Sharpowl and Microsoft Dynamics experience preferable
What we offer you:
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including:25 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships
Who we are:
Founded in 1970, RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,000 consultants and service providers. Operating in 125 countries across six continents we define, design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
We work across six sectors: property, energy, transport, water, resources, defence and government services. Our services span twelve clusters: project and program management; design and development; water services; environment; advisory and management consulting; exploration and development; planning and approvals; health, safety and risk; oceans and coastal; laboratories; training and communication and creative services.
We stand out for our clients by using deep expertise to solve problems that matter, making them easy to understand and by being easy to work with.
Our people live our purpose, deliver our promise, and demonstrate our behaviours every day. Our behaviours define who we are. Developed by our people, they underpin everything that we do. They create the memorable experiences we are known for and make RPS a great place to do great work. 'Stronger Together' is one of our five core behaviours and it is inherent in creating an inclusive workplace: 'We are respectful, acknowledge diversity, and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. We bring out the best in one another, always assuming best intent. People who learn and grow thrive in our business, sharing in our success.'
We have a Preferred Supplier List of trusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not on this list. Please refer to the careers page on our website if you require any further information.