A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a GMCS Originator (China Outbound Coverage) based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The GMCS Originator (China Outbound Coverage) will be responsible for taking ownership over and building relationship with Offshore Chinese Corporate Clients portfolio in respective country / region by means of revenue growth, markets penetration and appropriate risk on returns; originating GM business through developing cross-assets corporate treasury solutions with deep understanding of the clients’ cross-border business and their hedging, financing and investment needs; connecting with the decision makers of Chinese corporates in host countries and HQ for comprehensive sales coverage. The role holder will be required to act as China specialist and champion to contribute to business development required at country / regional / global level with respect to the China-Outbound / Belt Road Initiative (BRI) / Chinese Yuan business and drive other China-related initiatives as appropriate.
The GMCS Originator (China Outbound Coverage) will be accountable for understanding and ensuring compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business; proactive and close collaboration and works effectively with the China Onshore team through communication, performance management and client development plans, to strengthen client relationship and identify cross-sell opportunities; working in close partnership with internal stakeholders, including Relationship Managers, China Desk Managers, Global Liquidity & Cash Management, and Global Trade and Receivables Finance, to service client needs and improve share of wallets. The role holder will be responsible for delivering fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial mark.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Fluent in Chinese language (written and spoken).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in a markets environment working specifically with corporate treasury solutions in cross-assets with flow and events related business is required.
- Hold relevant exams and qualifications to satisfy local and any cross border market regulations for non-advisory sales and trading activities.
- Strong understanding of Capital Markets, covering foreign exchange instruments such as Spot, Options, Swaps, Forwards and Futures and interest rate derivatives and an ability to understand and manage a diverse and sometimes complex, product set.
- Strong understanding of the China onshore and offshore market with first-hand experience and knowledge of China, as well as global markets products, systems and key processes. Strong business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues.
- Good teamwork and to work collaboratively with other colleagues across different product partners across regions.
- Mobility as the regional coverage role requires travelling within the region.
- Excellent presentation & communication skills, including advanced knowledge of Powerpoint & Excel.
- Ability to construct and execute a business plan, and translate market needs into marketable solutions for clients.
Closing dates for applications 2nd November 2020