Job Title: DT TeacherSalary: MPS-UPS (Inner London)LewishamJob Start: January 2021
On behalf of a secondary school in Lewisham, Empowering Learning are seeking to recruit a teacher of Design and Technology to start in January on a permanent basis.
This role will involve teaching DT across KS3 and KS4. You will be expected to plan and deliver high-quality lessons which yield excellent pupil progress and exam results. The school want their pupils to develop a love for the subject and be enthused and motivated to learn. Specifically, you will be required to teach KS3 Product design and KS4 Edexcel GCSE Design & Technology with Papers and Boards specialism.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a suitably qualified DT teacher, as you will be joining a well-equipped department with CAD/CAM, including a laser cutter and 3D printers. There is also scope for the development of new KS3 projects that link to the new GCSE specification.
Applications from NQTs are welcome as the school has a strong NQT training and support programme, but applications from experienced teachers looking for a new challenge are also warmly received.
You will have the opportunity to work with a forward-thinking school leadership team, which invests in the professional development of staff at the school. They also provide a comprehensive and supportive induction programme for all new members of staff.Key aspects of this role:
To apply for this role, you must have:
- teach the KS3 Product Design and KS4 Edexcel GCSE Design & Technology with Papers and Boards classes as allocated and provide a well-planned, challenging and purposeful learning environment for pupils
- promote positive student behaviour and achievement
- set homework on a regular basis and mark pupil work promptly
- assess, monitor, record and report on pupil achievement, including writing pupil reports and attending parents' meetings
- assist in the identification of special educational needs, and support the work of the Learning Support Team, including the writing and review of individual education plans
- share in the development of departmental schemes of work for DT
- make effective use of pupil performance data, as well as pupil and staff targets
- monitor and record pupil attendance in line with School and Faculty policy and support the SLT in the maintenance of high levels of pupil attendance
- attend English departmental meetings
- undertake specific duties within the department as agreed with the Faculty Leader
- QTS (or an equivalent qualification)
- experience of teaching the UK National curriculum at KS3 and KS4 (NQTs should refer to their experience on placements)
- Right to Work
The school has a strong ethos of student welfare therefore any successful applicant will undergo a full enhanced criminal record check (DBS). For more information please contact John Byrne at Empowering Learning Ltd on 07934 299 452