Our client, a successful and well-known health communications agency are on the look-out for a Senior Copywriter to join their team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AS SENIOR COPYWRITER:
* Work with other creatives to develop concepts and solutions that respond to a variety of client briefs
* Take your knowledge, insights, ideas and turn them into relevant, engaging products
* You'll build effective relationships with account and creative teams
* You'll manage and work independently, under tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects
* You'll produce original, intuitive, strategic and persuasive concepts
* You'll be able to create copy for all media types (print, digital, social et al.) from conception to completion
* You'll ensure quality and be able to approve work for client presentations
* You'll present to, and converse with your clients about the agency perspective
* You'll be proactive and inform management of account statuses, problems, plans and meetings (You'll involve senior management as necessary)
Strategic and Tactical Planning
* You'll be a strategic contributor and participate fully in the development of creative briefs and strategic and tactical plans
* You'll be alert to changes in the client's marketplace, constantly evaluating work in light of the marketing situation
* You'll make sound decisions in an expedient manner while upholding the highest standards for all agency work
* You'll support the strategic direction and the culture of the agency.
* Complete your timesheets daily - and accurately
* Establish brand priorities and contribute the overall agency goals
* Maintain all archives and storage of files/documentation
* Work with cross-functional agency teams to develop the creative content of proposals and pitches, taking a lead role in the development and delivery of the creative content
* Whenever opportunities arise, engage with clients to maximise selling opportunities, championing the brand at all times
* Seek to identify and progress creative opportunities to grow client and agency business
* Build awareness of the agency by maximising opportunities to showcase creative work to existing and potential clients e.g. via the company website, award shows and industry press
* Foster good relationships with all internal departments and cross-functional team and proactively support your manager by suggesting new ideas and questioning thinking where appropriate
WHO YOU ARE:
Essential Skills and Experience:
You are an experienced copywriter who produces extraordinary thinking and craft of the highest level. You are an all-rounder, whose responsibility will be to proactively support a close-knit creative and account team.
Our writers are part of the team and need to be strong both strategically and with clients. You will work alongside your creative, planning and account teams providing brand communications that are able to challenge the Health Industry norm.
There is plenty of scope for growth as well as opportunities to mentor others.
- You will be passionate about health and about your purpose about creating a difference.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks without losing control and being resilient to normal everyday life of an agency.
- You are able to learn from your mistakes and have the ability to collaborate and take constructive criticism - your work has the power to make a difference and we want to deliver the best we can.
* Proven experience of copywriting/design
* A strong, varied portfolio demonstrating award-winning ideas, experiences, print and digital work
* Proven experience in healthcare advertising
* A strong conceptual portfolio
* A solid understanding of medical science
* Demonstrated exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Experience of managing and supervising other writers - advantageous but not essential
* Able to write across a broad variety of materials in multiple styles
* Knowledge of common regulations surrounding medical communications (ABPI) and the process of medical approval or willing to learn fast