Location: Plymouth (full time site based)
Duration: 6 months initially
Rate: £45-£50 per hour (LTD outside of IR-35)
Techniche are working with a large Engineering Technology contractor who are seeking an experienced Planning Manager with Design & Safety Construction sector experience for a period of initially 6 months.
This role is responsible for leading a team to develop detailed operational schedules. This will be across a programme or in support of multiple projects
Responsible for identifying material requirements, allocation of budgets, documents required and detailed scheduling of tasks to support Delivery Managers (e.g. Engineering/Operations). As well as providing support to the development of a detailed build method.
* Recent and relevant experience in a similar sector (Marine, Construction, Defence)
* A background in construction would be an advantage
* Production Engineering
* Proficient knowledge/application of ERP toolsets eg IFS/SAP etc...
* Practised knowledge of estimating
* Competent Scheduling experience in a relevant toolset
* Competent in MS Office
* Full construction lifecycle experience from manufacturing through to commissioning.
* ONC in a relevant construction trade as a minimum or an engineering qualification
* A professional qualification (eg APM/Acoste/RICS) (or equivalent)
* Manage the process of creation and maintenance of the Bill of Material to the Level 4/5 schedule within the relevant toolset and the provision of a budget to reflect this aligned to the project budget (This should include coverage for non-material tasks)
* Manage 6 week planning process ensuring viability of the plan in line with the Level 3 schedule and 12 week look-ahead aspiration across a programme/multiple projects
* Manage the Monitor and control of all work in progress using standard reports and KPI's. Timely release and closure of change codes and the highlighting of issues
* Manage on the timely planning of Emergent/Additional work, so that the work can be progressed in accordance with Project schedules
* Performance management and development of the capability within the planning team (incl succession planning)