Join our Public Policy and Communications team in this new role as Public Policy and Communications Manager to deliver our external engagement strategy by advocating a public policy environment that helps to maintain, grow and win business, and improve people's lives by unlocking their social and economic potential.
Our successful candidate will be experienced in public affairs, communications and advocacy roles or from a Government policy unit and have a strong understanding of policymaking in the UK, including the mechanics, procedures, challenges and decision-drivers. They will have a track record in designing multifaceted advocacy plans and campaigns that deliver commercial outcomes and be experienced in managing a small team.
Knowledge of one or more of the following policy areas would be an advantage; work and pensions, justice and public sector outsourcing.
• Plan and deliver a stakeholder outreach and advocacy programme that delivers competitive advantage by advocating a public policy environment
• Work closely with the Strategy and Growth Team to access multiple sources of data and information to ensure external engagement is informed by a rich picture of insights
• Develop evidence-based positions and supporting narratives on key public policy issues and provide advice on where to lead, where to defend and where to collaborate
• Establish and manage a cross-Group "Campaign Working Group" to develop and coordinate multifaceted thought leadership and advocacy campaigns
• Produce and/or commissions briefings, white papers, academic articles
• Maintain own external contacts and plans, coordinates and facilitates wider outreach activities leveraging leaders across the Group to promote and advocating our public policy priorities
• Establish robust processes to ensure message consistency
• Research, draft and edit responses to consultations and submissions of evidence to inquiries
• Establish and manage a proactive media engagement plan
• Build and maintain relationships with key journalists
• Assist content strategy
• Develop responses, rebuttals and lines to take in response to emerging news
• Oversee the development and delivery of coverage and sentiment analysis reporting
Skills and Experience
• 6-8 years' relevant experience in public affairs, communications / advocacy roles (inhouse corporate role, agency, think tank, professional body or Government policy unit / departmental communications team)
• Strong understanding of policymaking in the UK, including the mechanics, procedures, challenges and decision-drivers
• Experience designing multi-year / multifaceted advocacy plans and campaigns that deliver commercial outcomes
• Experience developing consultation submissions
• Existing media and political network
• Experience of managing a team
Salary: £55,000 to £60,000 p.a. (dependent on experience)
Location: Flexible location/Travel to Essex
Hours: 37 a week - Monday to Thursday 8.30 am to 5.00 pm - Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
Closing Date: 16 October 2020
In light of Covid-19 Interviews will be undertaken via Skype
Seetec: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Optional Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, Eye care scheme, Access to wide range of local and national discounts.
Seetec is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of "Ex-Offenders" can be found on our website under" About us"
Seetec is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity