- SEN Teaching Assistant
- £70+ per day
- Full time position, Monday to Friday
- To Start in September
- OFSTED rated GOOD
- Location: Havering
OFSTED rated Good, this large Special School based in Havering is looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant to work with their pupils aged 2 - 19 years. To start now, this role will be full time and require 1:1 support as well as classroom teaching.
All students at the school are provided with an appropriately paced and differentiated curriculum, requiring the SEN Teaching Assistant to play a vital role in individualising support to ensure all learners can grow and succeed.
The needs of learners at this school are typically complex and significant. SEN Pupils at this school require support with cognition and learning (severe learning difficulties or profound and multiple learning difficulties). Students may also have associated needs in the areas of emotional/social and communication and interaction (autistic spectrum disorder and/or speech and language difficulties). In addition, students may have sensory or physical disabilities.
Part of a large academy trust of Special Schools in Havering, staff at this school have access to numerous training and development opportunities. The school itself is a bright and modern building with wonderful facilities including a soft play room, sensory room, wheelchair access across the site, accessible toilets and changing facilities, and a medical room.
This Havering school supports students with a wide range of therapy including speech and language therapy, music therapy, animal therapy, rebound therapy and occupational therapists.
This role would suit Teaching Assistants keen for education and training relevant to SEN Teaching, Occupational Therapy, or Speech and Language Therapy.
The SEN Teaching Assistant role:
- Working with pupils aged 2-19 years old
- Working 1:1 and in small group settings
- Supporting students with complex and interrelated needs including physical disabilities
- Working alongside a multidisciplinary team including occupational therapists and music therapists
- Experience working in a SEN school is highly desired in this role
- Knowledge of severe learning difficulties, non-verbal communication and the ability to support with personal cares are essential in this role
- Around 100 pupils at present with capacity for 130
- OFSTED rated GOOD
- Total Communication Approach across the school
- Based in Havering
- Supporting students with a range of needs including: Hearing Impairments, Speech, language and Communication needs, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs, Multi-Sensory Impairment, Physical Disabilities, Moderate Learning Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties.
- Incredible purpose built facilities and resources to support SEN learners
- Education and training opportunties for the SEN Teaching Assistant
- Part of a large academy trust with other Special Schools providing opportunities for education and training
- Parking on site
Click apply now or contact email@example.com or phone 02030314863 for more information.