Buyer - Procurement / Supply Chain
* £35,000 per year
* Plus excellent company benefits (including, private healthcare, performance related bonuses, flexitime, 28 Days Holiday, 10% Pension, etc.)
To be a key member of the procurement function both strategically and operationally; collaborating on sourcing activities of raw material for low volume high value manufacturing in a technology start-up in Cambridge. Contribute across tendering, category management and supplier relationship management assisting with long term commodity strategies to deliver required objectives.
Skills and Experience:
* 2 years manufacturing buying experience from a low volume environment
* Experience of maintaining and managing strategic vendor partnerships.
* Experience of good negotiation and vendor management skills with a track record of improving vendor performance and rationalising supply base.
* Experience effectively managing end to end NPI's
* Leading and driving continuous improvement
* Relevant Degree a big advantage e.g. Procurement Management, Supply Chain Management, Business or Engineering, CIPS, MCIPS qualification
* Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
A fast paced and constantly evolving business who innovate and work collaboratively across many disciplines with a friendly team-focused culture. They develop and manufacture pioneering technology solutions for state-of-the-art medical systems and scientific research. Increasing global access to healthcare helping to make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling.
To learn more about our client and the opportunity on offer working as a Buyer based in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire; please call and speak with Thomas Dykes here at ISR Recruitment or email me a copy of your very latest CV and I'll call you back to discuss the role in the strictest confidence