Our client, a market leader offering customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight forwarding services around the World, is recruiting for a Senior Trade Analyst to be based at offices in Basildon.
Main Purpose of the Role;
The Senior Trade Analyst is responsible for providing high quality customs brokerage solutions to and on behalf of a key client. Forming part of a team, this position reports to the local Operations Supervisor.
* Processing customs data in the customs/port/inventory system, manage exceptions or non-standard cases
* Analyzing and preparing customs information in accordance with international trade rules
* Providing outstanding customer service to external clients and partners
* Working with numerous internal departments to deliver full range of customer services
* Providing support, assistance and direction to other Trade Analysts
* Preparing reports and metrics for both internal and external purposes
* Manage special customs procedures, as required e.g. temporary imports, returned goods, samples.
* Provide support for customs audits.
* Adherence to the Quality Operating System by ensuring that customs procedures managed by the team are documented and followed
Competencies & Skills Required;
* All-round Freight Forwarding experience would be ideal
* Experience working with customs brokerage systems
* Experience of working in an operations environment or supply chain
* Computer literate and familiar with MS-Office
* Working in an international environment
* Strong customer service skills
* Ability to analyze and interpret numerous data
* Team player spirit
* Enthusiastic and taking initiative
* Good communication skills
* An opportunity to join a globally recognised organisation within the field of Customs & Trade Compliance
* Dynamic and supportive team environment
* Competitive salary & benefits
For full details, please contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry