Our client is a major, leading renewable energy and smart solutions organisation, delivering service, applications, and products to promote global sustainable development and support decarbonisation of our economy. This is a key role as they are expanding from their European operations to the UK market.
This is an opportunity to lead the project finance function for the UK business. Work closely with the Head of the UK, and Development and legal colleagues in the business to deliver structured financial solutions to this new UK based development team. Your responsibilities will include:
* Deal assessment and execution: working with the team to assess and execute renewable energy project investments. This will include conducting due diligence, financial review, preparation of presentation material to pitch for investment internally and externally.
* Financial modelling: developing, utilizing, analyzing and dissecting financial models in order to analyse project opportunities and conduct valuations both at a project and overall Fund level.
* Stakeholder management: assist in the ongoing management of investments, including ongoing interaction with other teams and manage the relationship with stakeholders.
* Market research: including research on potential investments, renewable energy policy and markets, competitors, technology etc.
Knowledge / Experience
* Degree educated with strong academic background
* At least 5 years of previous experience from the banking and energy industry focusing on real asset acquisitions/transactions, project and/or corporate finance.
* A keen interest in renewable energy infrastructure investment.
* Credentials in the renewable energy sector is a necessary requirement and experience of significant investment exposure on projects/deals is key for this person.
* Highly numerate with developed quantitative capabilities.
* Demonstrable financial modelling and evaluation skills are critical. In particular, a good understanding of accounting and/or leveraged finance / project finance modelling.
* Able to manage workload effectively and deliver quality work on schedule.
* Enthusiasm and commitment to working in a friendly, entrepreneurial, team environment
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.
For further information please contact Kris Kobi on (phone number removed), or send your CV