Job Title: Utilities Project Manager
My client is a specialist contracting business that install multi utilities networks across the commercial, residential and industrial sectors. Due to continued growth my client is now looking to appoint a Utilities Project Manager to join their growing team
* Qualified member of a recognised Project Management institute (e.g. Prince2). Experience is a pre-requisite, but is more important if a formal qualification is not held.
* Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
* Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
* Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies.
* Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
* High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
* Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
* Experience with all relevant Industry Standards including HAUC, NRSWA
* Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assume full control & responsibility of a Lot within the project scope.
* Ensure the Lot & Cabinet Management Plan is accurate, reviewed & updated throughout the build.
* Produce a Program of works (High Level) for a Lot refining throughout the build & a detailed Program of works for each Cabinet area.
* Track build progress; document and escalate delays;
* Build a strong working relationship with the Programme Manager, Project Manager, Field Managers and Build Surveyors ensuring alignment within the team.
* Direct and oversee the Build Task Order and Completed Task Order ensuring all areas from Kick off to completion are successfully delivered safe on time and on budget to the required Quality Standards.
* Maintain deadlines and deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with the Programme Manager, Project Manager, Field Manager and the Clients Deployment Managers.
* Implement and Analyse KPIs to capture Project performance with a direct focus on HSE, Quality, Cost & Production;
* Participate and undertake Weekly Management HSEQ Audits to gain an understanding of issues and compliance on the ground.
* Participate in weekly meetings ensuring information is successfully captured, escalated and filtered down to the Project & Civils teams.
* Attend Senior Management Meetings.
* Undertake 6 monthly performance appraisals with Field Managers. Identify underperforming staff; follow performance management procedures, initiate disciplinary meetings.
* Assist the Programme Manager and Project Manager with HR Responsibilities
* Participate in the identification & development of Construction Improvements