Belmont Recruitment currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Legal Assistant to join Cheshire East Council's busy Childcare Legal Team, on an initial 3 month temporary assignment. This is a full time position, working 37 hours per week (Monday - Friday).
As a Legal Assistant, you will be required to provide administrative support to Lawyers, Solicitors and other Legal Professionals within the Childcare Legal Team, reporting to the Childcare Team Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Providing administrative support to Lawyers with regard to Child Care Proceedings, Pre-Proceedings work and Adoption cases
* Maintaining and updating record systems, including the Case Management System - IKEN
* Undertaking dealings with Section 7 and Section 37 Court requests
* Liaising with other client departments, external professionals and third part experts in regards to open cases
* Conducting a small caseload of discharge of care order cases
* Dealing with general enquiries made by the Courts
* Arranging the collation, pagination, copying and indexing of electronic court bundles as well as the filing and redacting of documents
* Ensuring that Court Orders relating to Childcare, Private Law and other matters are entered into the Court Diary and Case Management System
* Attending meetings at Court when necessary
The ideal candidate for this position will have a Degree Level Qualification in a relevant Legal field and have practical experience of working within a Legal environment, ideally within a Local Authority.
Please apply as soon as possible if this position would be of interest, or contact Chloe @ Belmont Recruitment for further information