Job title: Housing Concierge
Location: Launceston, PL15
Hours and Pay Rate:
Must be able to work flexible hours/24-hour rota, including weekends and public holidays (where applicable) £9.31 per hour
On the update service or do a new one with us
The purpose of the post is to provide an on-site presence at supported accommodation, which may include waking cover overnight and/or at weekends, between hours specified by the Senior Client Service Manager or Client Services Manager.
The post will generally be lone working providing a presence when support staff are not on site to ensure the safety and security of the building and occupants, which is also conducive to cohesive neighbour and community relations.
• The post holder is responsible for statistical information regarding occupancy, updating project records e.g. the communications log, in accordance with record keeping quality standards.
• You are required to be flexible to work within other office/service locations in the future within an agreed area of your initial office location
KEY RESULT AREAS:
• To provide on-site presence which may include overnight waking cover or other unsocial hours as required by the service, in maintaining the safety and security of tenants and the building.
• Where applicable, to provide a first point of contact for the 'on call' system, to ensure that clear and concise information is detailed to the 'on call support worker'. Where sleeping cover is provided, to liaise appropriately with the sleep in worker in the event of emergencies. To supervise the entry and exiting of the building, for the purpose of security and safety of tenants.
• To maintain full and accurate log of events during the shift, for the purpose of clear and concise communication to service staff.
• To actively ensure the security of the building, monitoring CCTV and patrolling at regular intervals.
• In the absence of cleaning staff, to carry out cleaning duties of all common areas and vacant rooms.
• To identify defects in relation to monthly defect monitoring and reducing turnaround times.
• To participate in ensuring the security and the safety of service users, staff, visitors, contractors, premises, and equipment.
• To adhere to the post holder's own responsibilities to health and safety in the work place, and to colleagues, service users and the general public.
• Upon request, to operate as first point of contact for any emergency on call system within the service.
• To take appropriate immediate action in contacting emergency services and to accordingly inform the support/sleep in worker of any details and further action if required.
Skills and Abilities:
• To have a broad knowledge of the issues that affect vulnerable people.
• Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of confidentiality.
• Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of equal opportunities.
• Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of health and safety issues.
• To display initiative in identifying action required and taking appropriate measures.
• Basic computer literacy skills
• Seeks and accepts personal responsibility for own actions.
• Ability to work alone without direct supervision
Please apply with your Cv via the apply button or contact Zoe at our London office