Planet Forward have recently been engaged by an established Airport solutions provider to secure a Software Engineer (C#) to join them in Brighton on a permanent basis.
A software engineer is responsible for completing development work assigned to them by the Manager according to the time scales agreed during the planning stage. They may assist in the planning stage proposing methods and technologies to use when completing the work as well as potential designs and implementation strategies. They will often produce estimated completing times and assists with identifying potential delays in the completion of the work. They will communicate with various other departments and teams within the department to coordinate work and provide feedback in relation to the progress of outstanding work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Completing development work assigned to them by the Team Lead as per time scales agreed during the planning stage.
* Monitoring the progress of their own work and alerting the Team Lead if the work has got behind schedule or if there is high chance of a future delay.
* Providing the Team Lead with updates on the progress of their own work and any further information that may be required by the Team Lead.
* Keep the departmental work management system up to date with all relevant information requested by the Team Lead.
* Producing a test plan for their completed work and conducting sufficient tests to ensure it performs as expected.
* Ensuring other team members have any relevant information in relation to their own work that might be needed to complete the team members own work.
* Attending bi-yearly reviews with the Manager to be used as supporting evidence for individual reviews carried out by the Company.
* Have a good working knowledge of all applications and services within the application suite and a detailed working knowledge of the structure of the main applications and services.
* Helping identify areas of the code base that would significantly benefit from further development work and defining potential actions.
* Assist in the research and development of new technologies and the application of those technologies into our existing products.
* Monitoring reports provided by the Service and Support department regarding the performance of the deployed applications and assisting in planning of related improvements.
Key Skills / Qualifications:
* Excellent knowledge of C#
* Good knowledge of application technologies, including WPF, LINQ and XML
* Good knowledge of T-SQL
* Good knowledge of Software Development lifecycle
* Good written and interpersonal communication skills
* Good knowledge of MVVM design pattern
* Knowledge of TypeScript and Knockout
* Experience producing process flow documentation and test plans
If you would like to find out more, please get in touch for a confidential conversation on (phone number removed).
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at our website