Our client are a leading manufacturer and supplier of architectural aluminium systems. Currently operating in North America and the UK with a growing presence in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. They are currently looking to recruit a Technical Illustrator/Author based from their UK office in the North West Region.
Primary Purpose of the Job
The Technical Writer creates and maintains clear, concise, accurate documentation for technical literature directed towards technical and non-technical users.
Major activities/Key challenges
* Create technical documentation intended for printed or website use.
* Produce support documentation utilizing CAD and publishing software.
* Documentation includes all aspects of customer facing details such as Design/Estimating and Fabrication/Installation Instructions.
* Must be able to comprehend information intended for a technical audience, rewrite and organize it in a manner appropriate for a non-technical audience.
* A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
* Must perform technical writing based on required standards and guidelines.
* Must be able to multi-task and handle several projects.
* Manage engineering data within a PLM system.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, attention to details is critical.
* Generate and conduct peer reviews of engineering changes.
* Other job duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education
* Position requires a minimum 2-year Degree (in a related field).
* Experience in development and production of technical manuals/electronic technical manuals using CSS, SGML, HTML5, XML and linked PDF, including embedded graphics.
* Knowledge of Technical writing, illustration and Document Control systems.
* Working knowledge of 2D/3D modeling and PLM systems; AutoCAD, Inventor and TeamCentre/Vault proficiency is preferred.
* Experience with Technical Documentation authoring/publishing tools (Paligo, Madcap Flare, Schema, Adobe Creative suites, Framemaker.
* Product Engineers.
* Product Development Designers.
* Product Managers.
* Marketing Communiction
Basic or Minimum Qualifications
Position requires a minimum 2-year Degree in Computer Aided Design, Engineering or CAD Technology.
Working knowledge of CCMS, DTP Suites, 2D/3D modeling and PLM systems; AutoCAD, Inventor proficiency preferred.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a company who are able to offer a great career path and offer ongoing training and support.
Salaries are in the region of £20 - £25k