anzuk Education are working with a large SEND school in the London Borough of Wandsworth, that caters for children with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) Autism and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), looking for a number of Teaching Assistants to join their friendly team of staff for long and short term work.
All through school (ages 3 - 19)
Caters for pupils with SLD, Autism and PMLD
Close to major transport links
Young, fun and dedicated staff base and senior leadership team
Training and professional development offered
OFSTED Good The role:
- Enabling pupils with SLD, Autism and PMLD to access the curriculum.
- Support teachers / therapists / pupils to implement therapy programmes in a holistic way throughout the school day.
- Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning at all times.
- Undertake pupil record keeping as requested - writing / videoing / photographing.
- Utilising effective behavioural management techniques to assist in promoting an optimal learning environment within the classroom.
- Assisting the teacher to set-up engaging and interactive practical lesson activities.
The role requires candidates who are able to commit to short and long-term position 5 days a week, between 8:30am - 3:30pm.
To apply and commence working with us you must meet the below criteria:
Enthusiastic, patient and resilient nature.
Comfortable with personal care - i.e. toileting and feeding.
Be comfortable with using a hydro pool for therapy sessions.
Passion and willingness to work in SEN environment, previous SEN experience is not essential but would be advantageous.
Possess an Enhanced Child DBS with an update service subscription, or demonstrate the willingness to apply for one through anzuk.
Possess an updated CV, outlining paid employment covering the last two years - any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
Within 1 hour commute of the London Borough of Wandsworth and able to provide a valid police check from countries you have lived in (outside of the UK) within the last 5 years.
Be able to show experience working with children in a coaching, tutoring, teaching or mentoring role - or a willingness to learn and undertake new challenges! You must have all of the above to be able to be cleared for work.
Teaching Assistants often earn between £75 - £80 per day, dependent upon previous experience. Higher rates of pay can be considered for high-performing candidates with excellent references.
How to apply:
For additional information, or to apply for this role, please contact Maham on firstname.lastname@example.org.
About anzuk Education:
anzuk Education have been based in London since 2004. Our aim is to help create exceptional experiences for the learners of today; we accomplish this by always placing the best educators in the right learning environment