A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ an Associate, RWA Optimisation Unit (ROU) based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Associate, RWA Optimisation Unit (ROU) will be responsible for supporting one or more ROU Relationship Managers across a defined portfolio of clients and also serve as the primary Relationship Manager in some cases; developing and maintaining 'trusted advisor' relationships with key decision makers of clients which have been designated with exit status; working in conjunction with ROU Relationship Managers to efficiently execute a defined client-level exit strategy, across the full spectrum of Global Banking & Markets products and services. The role holder will be required to maintain firm’s internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
The Associate, RWA Optimisation Unit will be accountable for establishing and maintaining collaborative networks with other firm’s businesses to support the creation of solutions to customer needs that span geographical/product boundaries and regulatory environments and align with the ultimate aim to exit the client relationship; contributing towards the delivery of the ROU’s Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) reduction targets whilst ensuring that customer satisfaction levels are upheld; understanding and ensuring compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures The role holder will need to competently identify and manage any conduct issues to ensure that clients are treated fairly and firm’s reputation is protected at all times.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Good working knowledge of Global Banking & Markets (GBM) products.
- Track record of developing/maintaining productive client relationships in challenging circumstances, such as exiting a relationship and/or managing down risk exposure.
- Understanding of both Financial and Non-Financial Risks and an awareness of various risk mitigation tools.
- Healthy knowledge of the Financial Services industry and key regulations.
- Ability to develop effective stakeholder relationships, both within the firm and with impacted clients.
- Strong influencing skills and sound commercial awareness.
- Team player who can work well with others in sensitive situations.
- Highly adaptable and resilient individual capable of delivering high quality work against strict deadlines.
- Highly organised with an ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Strong analytical and facilitation skills to ensure business needs are met and effective/deliverable solutions can be quickly implemented.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and serve as a role model in respect of firm’s core values and principles.
- Language skills are desirable, particularly French and/or German, but not a pre-requisite.
Closing dates for applications 30th October 2020