Release Manager | United Kingdom |GB90041
We are looking for a Release Manager to join our growing drinks logistics business unit (KNDL). If you are an experienced Release Manager and/or Cutover Manager and with sound knowledge of SAP (transport management preferable), then we would be interested in talking to you.YOUR ROLE
As Release Manager, you'll be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. You'll also work in collaboration with all stakeholders in software development projects and will be supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build development and test environments. In addition, this role is also responsible for acting as Cutover Manager on all KNDL IT projects.YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Forward plan the release windows and cycles across the portfolio of KNDL applications.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Fulfil the role of IT cutover lead for all KNDL IT projects.
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans.
- Communicate release details and schedules to the business as required; maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Management of and be the key approver for moving changes throughout systems environments.
- Design and implement a release management process to support the business going forward.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or with relevant logistics / Drinks industry experience.
- Sound knowledge of SAP, specifically Sales and Distribution, Materials Management, Task Management, Warehouse Management, ERP. If you have transport management knowledge too that would be great.
- We're looking for previous release or project management experience - solid understanding of the principles of project management would be preferred.
- Able to track progress / performance against target and address issues promptly.
- Able to identify opportunities in own area that will contribute to commercial success, including increasing process efficiency, reducing issues and encouraging a team mind-set of continuous improvement and of delivering solutions.
- Strong communication skills, confident and with an ability to forge strong relationships, negotiate resolutions and influence.
- An excellent problem solver, able to translate new ideas into practical solutions.
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary and 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance and private health insurance. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,400 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.CONTACT
UK Resourcing Team
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90874850