Our client an international bank in London are looking for an Assistant Manager to join their Financial Institutions Group (FIG), reporting to the Head of FIG.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
* Act as Department Risk & Operations Coordinator.
* Will be in the role of Checker for the Dept. Taking end to end responsibility for operations within the department
* Coaching and Mentoring of dotted line Reportees
* Responsible for documentation and deal execution for various forms of Secured/Unsecured borrowings undertaken within the dept. Sharing sensitive data with stake holders and maintaining proper record of deal.
* Assist with Bank's global bond issue programme (Medium Term Note) including providing relevant documents to the law firm, arranging the MTN/Private Placement etc. Assisting Treasury in apportioning these funds. Manage the expenses arising from these bond issues and seek to reclaim appropriate shares of those expenses from our other foreign branches.
* Drive documentation negotiation towards execution and later to have overview of periodic review of various Policies, Process Manuals and Business arrangements within the department
* Identifying and referring New Banking Relationship with a potential for business
* Liaise with internal and external auditors on points raised for the department
An ideal candidate will also have:
* Worked in Finacle Core and SWIFT
* Have own strong network of contacts within the Banking Industry
* Good Knowledge of subsidiary, wholesale Trade Finance products like Trade Loan, Treasury products such as REPO, Bankers' Acceptances, FX, Money Market, derivatives, bilateral and MTNs
* In-depth knowledge of current KYC compliance requirements for FI's and its impact on bank to bank relationships
* Ability to learn new regulations and translate them into policies and procedures
* Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills with ability to facilitate good working relationships with FI's and colleagues
* Working knowledge of wholesale products
* Ability to Research and analyse financial data to help make informed decisions on highly leveraged and complex risk transactions
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Confidence to deal with Sr Management at other banks
* Experience of international financial markets