My client is an established successful Independent Mortgage and Protection brokerage who are Directly Authorised by the FCA. The company's main aim is to provide the best and most impartial advice available to its clientele.
Due to a retirement the company are currently looking for a Mortgage Compliance Manager to join their team. Within this role the successful candidate will be able to work both from the firms Swindon head office (with car parking freely available on-site) and also from home.
As a Mortgage Compliance Manager the main responsibility within the role is to oversee and implement the compliance function for the firm as required by the FCA. The current team consist of 12 Mortgage Advisor's (who are both office and home based), the majority of which are very experienced advisor's meaning that essentially their level of compliance support required is in the main minimal.
The initial standard working hours within the role are on a Monday to Friday only basis and are 9:00am to 17:00pm although some flexibility can be made available if/where required. Also once established within the role the Director's at the firm have confirmed that an experienced, efficient candidate will most likely be able to complete the workload required within the role in 3 to 4 days per week rather than 5.
You will receive an employed contract with a minimum starting salary of £35,000, you will also have the opportunity to earn an excellent quarterly bonus of an additional £3,000 to £4,000 per quarter, leading to an annual OTE of £50,000. The bonus is based upon the successful candidate's ability to improve the compliance performance and productivity of the firms advisors.
Role responsibilities include;
Regular 121's with the Advisors
Regular File checks on Advisors
To hold regular training sessions with Advisors
To liaise with lender and protection providers
To compile monthly management information - CPD's and KPI''s
To report to the Directors on a weekly basis
To organise quarterly sales meetings
To regularly monitor and implement all FCA changes
To monitor and implement current back office system
To compile monthly sales figures
To liaise with the company accountant
- Strong mortgage and protection compliance experience is essential (preferably gained within a pure compliance based role although candidates who are very experienced Mortgage Advisors who have held a clean compliance record, who are keen to now focus within a mortgage compliance based role will happily be considered for this position).
- You must hold the full Cemap (or equivalent) qualification.
- Although not essential on application holding the Equity Release qualification would be desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Must own a car and be willing to travel to see Advisor's remotely (within the Swindon and Oxford area's), if needed and when safe to do so. The firm will pay for travel expenses to see the Advisors and for any out of town essential work related travel. The company will not pay travel to and from the Swindon head office.
If you are interested within this vacancy and if you believe that your experience/skill-set is well suited to the role then please do apply on-line.
REED Mortgages - The UK's leading specialist recruiter in Mortgage Advice, Support, Underwriting, Compliance and BDM roles.