Prospero Teaching are currently recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant to join a dynamic and expanding special school in Hillingdon, West London who specialise in children with SLD, PMLD and Additional Complex Needs including ASD.
Salary: Minimum £80 per day
Contract Type: Long Term
Start Date: Immediate (October start)
Duration: Monday - Friday (Full-Time)The successful applicants will have:
The role will consist of:
- Previous experience working with people with learning disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, staff and parents/careers
- Excellent literacy, numeracy & ICT skills
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Offering support to the class teacher
- Provide support for individuals and groups of pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans
- Building good student - teacher rapport
- Support aspects of personal and intimate care
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Hold an enhanced child & adult barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
- If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Provide two professional child related references
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90864412