Vitality, Compliance Monitoring Officer, Bournemouth, £Competitive plus bonus and benefits
We're the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we're out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you'll enjoy: complimentary breakfasts; regular onsite physical and mental wellness workshops; on-site health checks; annual flu jabs, and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
It's what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members, and good for you.
As our Compliance Monitoring Officer, you'll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Access to The Vitality Programme - Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Champneys Spa days, half price gym memberships, Disney Store discounts to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions, and awards - a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
As our Compliance Monitoring Officer you will be responsible for assisting the Head of Compliance Monitoring to deliver an effective, high quality, risk based compliance oversight and monitoring programme across all Vitality businesses.
Responsibilities as our Compliance Monitoring Officer:
- Assisting in the development of an annual risk based Compliance monitoring and oversight plan which focuses on Conduct and other regulatory risks
- Assisting with maintenance of a comprehensive Compliance Risk Universe
- Taking responsibility to manage and deliver robust risk based compliance assurance reviews and oversight activities to deliver Senior Management an insight into the efficiency and effectiveness of regulatory risk management
- Developing high quality, succinct, timely and accurate compliance monitoring and oversight reports
- Collaborating with the business to determine and agree pragmatic and effective remedial and preventative recommendations where vulnerabilities and risks exist, monitor corrective plans and provide guidance, advice and support to deal with and avoid similar situations in the future
- Liaising with key stakeholders in the business to effectively track, manage and report on open, closed and overdue actions through to successful implementation
- Assisting the Head of Compliance Monitoring to develop monthly and quarterly management information on all monitoring and oversight activities, risks and issues, which contribute to the Assurance reports for the Board and Executive Management
Skills and experience required to become our Compliance Monitoring Officer:
- Demonstrable experience in financial services
- Excellent knowledge of FCA regulations and conduct risk
- Sound knowledge of other regulations including Financial Crime and Data Protection
- Strong and demonstrable stakeholder management skills
- Excellent relationship management skills to Board level (Ambassadorial Approach)
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Strong influencing and persuasive skills to an Executive level
- Competent and highly analytical
- Degree educated, or Compliance or general industry qualifications to Diploma standard
- Demonstrable experience in a Compliance Monitoring role
- Experience in the Insurance sector
Closing Date: Tuesday 20th October 2020
Working for Vitality, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Compliance Monitoring Officer, then please click 'apply' today