General Manager12 Month Fixed Term ContractRotherham,About the Company
Boundary Mill is a privately-owned, successful, fast growing retail company with 5 stores across the UK with plans to expand. We have a unique market differentiation in that we give major retail brands the opportunity to clear their excess stocks in fashion, accessories and home at discounted prices as we are an off price concession retailer with up to 70% off the RRP.
This is a superb opportunity to join a dynamic store, reporting directly into the Head of Retail, to deliver exceptional customer engagement whilst offering excellent value for money.About the Role
This is an exciting and demanding "hands on" operational role in a store managing over 400 brands in 80,000sq. ft. of retail space with responsibility for a team of over 100 employees. Relationship management is as much a key to your success as the ability to support and lead the team. The store is due to begin an extensive and exciting refit, starting in 2021.
As a General Manager you will bring our Business strategy to life by driving standards and service across your store, communicating what that means to your team so they understand the contribution they make to the bigger picture. Through your leadership you will deliver a set of KPIs your team are proud of and together you will ensure continuous development of every aspect of store life.
The General Manager has responsibility for the store, driving profit and sales, whilst identifying ways to modernise and challenge the status quo and continually looking for ways to improve the retail performance of the Sheffield Store. Confidence and the ability to motivate and inspire others to follow you is a pre-requisite.
Key areas of focus will be:
- Maximising sales opportunities
- Ensuring your team are motivated to deliver excellent standards of customer care
- Generating profit by monitoring stock levels, cost controls and exceeding KPI's.
- Implementing impeccable merchandising standards
You will be:
- a confident, inspirational and motivational leader who can communicate well across all levels
- commercially astute with strong market place knowledge
- a proven track record of successful people management
- someone with initiative who has the ability to implement and own their ideas
In return you can look forward to developing your skills, staff discount, company sick pay, workplace pension, free parking, bonus and an excellent working environment and facilities.