White Trees is a small independent school working with SEMH pupils at a key stage 3 & 4 level who have social, emotional and mental health needs. The majority of the teaching takes place off site at a number of different locations, including libraries, offices, local gyms and parks. Experience of working i this environment is advantageous.
About the Role
* To mentor and build strong and successful relationships with KS3/4 children aged between 11 and 16 (with potential to increase to 18/19 in the near future)
* Tutoring pupils 1:1.
* Working with an excellent, passionate staff team.
* Driving licence essential.
About the us
* A small independent specialist school for pupils with SEMH.
* Currently registered for 18 students, but the school is looking to expand to 30 over the coming years.
* Pupils behaviour is challenging and they have a low level of learning.
* Lessons are taught on site in small groups but a substantial amount of teaching takes place on a 1:1 basis. These generally take place off site at a number of publicly accessed locations.
* Small, dynamic team of teaching staff, who have excellent relationships with the pupils.
* Located in the Hertfordshire area (easily accessible by a 40 minute train journey from central London and 30 minutes from Cambridge)