An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Manager to join my client who are a dynamic, ambitious, and fast-growing company that designs, builds, operates, and maintains HV and LV electrical infrastructure, power systems and networks across the United Kingdom.
The role will be based out of my client offices in South Cumbria. This is a permanent position, with competitive salary, paid over-time and other benefits.
About the Role:
To successfully manage the delivery of projects - predominantly electrical design and build contracts - including design, procurement, resource management, accounts and cost control, and commercial activities, dealing with some of the UK's largest wind farm developers and power companies.
To understand, comply with and support the development of company procedures, systems, and policies.
To take every opportunity to drive improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of the business, particularly in the areas of health and safety, quality and environmental management.
* Project management, planning, engineering, and cost control.
* Interface and liaison with clients, contractors, suppliers, and other project stakeholders.
* Labour, material, and sub-contract resource management.
* Production of risk assessments and method statements (RAMSs) and other QHSE documentation.
* Identifying, assessing, negotiating with and managing suppliers and sub-contractors.
* Selection and procurement of electrical equipment.
* Planning, forecasting and reporting contract performance.
* Identify commercial opportunities to grow existing business
* Undertake general commercial activities (preparation of applications for payment, compilation of variations, etc.).
* Completion of pre-qualification questionnaires.
* Contribute to project tenders & estimates.
* Ideally at least 3+ years' experience of delivering electrical design and build/construct contracts.
* Relevant qualifications (electrical engineering, project management, etc.) at HNC level or higher.
* IOSH or higher safety qualification and possess a good knowledge of health & safety and environmental legislation.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
* Ability to interpret electrical design documentation.
* Ability to produce and monitor performance against project programmes using Microsoft Project.
* Ability to create/input into the preparation of commissioning documentation.
* Commercially aware - ability to negotiate contracts, sub-contracts and claims.
* Experience of dealing with DNOs and authorities and working in accordance with their exacting requirements.
* Good grasp of ISO9001 quality management.
* Ability to undertake HV switching (up to 33kV) on projects is desirable.
* Ability to identify and resolve problems at an early stage.
* Must hold a current driving licence.
* Confident telephone manner, good standard of written correspondence and ability to build a rapport at all levels.
* A very proactive and organised approach to your work, with excellent time management and communication skills.
* Reliable and disciplined, with a strong work ethic and able to deal with high pressure situations across multiple projects whilst maintaining a calm disposition.
* Self-motivated, able to take the initiative and possess the ability to motivate project team members