Head of Finance
Rare opportunity for a professional with experience gained within a senior finance position along with a finance or business-related degree or equivalent, to join The Hammond School, the UK's oldest vocational dance school.
This is a key role within the Leadership Management Team, providing advice on the school's commercial direction, ensuring all elements of the support strategy infrastructure are aligned with agreed business objectives, and ensuring all areas of financial management are controlled and maintained to the highest standard.
Actively supporting the Principal, the Leadership Management Team and the Board of Directors in developing and facilitating the school's strategic development plan, your duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Managing key business projects, coordinating resources across the school, and ensuring these are aligned with targets, objectives and within budget
* Reporting and presenting to the Board of Directors on the school's financial performance and on any actions required in relation to achieving agreed KPIs
* Providing strategic direction to the school finances and supporting and directing the work of the School Accountant in all aspects of financial planning, monitoring and operational control
* Providing strategic advice and guidance on finance and audit strategies to optimise the school's financial performance
* Producing the 3 year and annual budget forecasts, leading on the development of financial plans, activities and targets
* Leading long-term financial planning of the school in relation to key criteria, including level of annual surplus and cash flow
As the Head of Finance, you will receive a salary of £41,015, along with a range of benefits including 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and an employer contributory pension scheme.
You'll be employed on a permanent, full time contract, working Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm.
What will I need to be considered for this Head of Finance vacancy?
* Proven experience within a senior finance role, ideally gained within an education or public service setting, along with a finance or business-related degree or equivalent qualification
* Experience of managing organisational change
* Experience with professional compliance
* Strong and proven leadership skills with the ability to think and act strategically and creatively
* Highly motivated and well organised, with a keen eye for detail
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Although not essential, a professional accountancy or other relevant financial or business management qualification would be highly advantageous for this role.
More about us:
The Hammond School is the North West's leading provider of performing arts education and the UK's oldest vocational dance school which prides itself on strong pastoral care; nurturing, guiding and helping every student to be the best possible version of themselves.
Housed in the historic Hoole Bank House and surrounded by beautifully landscaped grounds, the campus comprises a Performing Arts Centre with a 420-seat theatre and state-of-the-art dance and music studios. Situated on the outskirts of Chester, The Hammond is located within an hour's drive of Manchester and Liverpool and is two hours from London by train.
Location: Chester (Cheshire)
All applications for this Head of Finance vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions