Revenue Controller - Cheltenham Your new company
A top flight Legal Firm based in the centre of Cheltenham focused on media, technology and IP, advising clients on the financing, exploitation and protection of creative and commercial property.Your new role
The Revenue Team comprises several Revenue Controllers and sits within a larger Finance Team. All Revenue Controllers report directly to the Revenue Manager. The responsibility is to Drive cash into the business as quickly as possible by managing the working capital cycle of client matters and financial risk. Achieve cash, billing and lock up targets aligned to the firm's strategy.What you'll need to succeed
- The role is best suited to an experienced and credible Revenue Controller working in a law firm or professional services environment, with exposure to billing, VAT, disbursements and credit control, that can hit the ground running in a target driven environment.
- A key aspect of the role is establishing relationships with lawyers in order to gain knowledge about their practice, clients and matters, thus enabling a proactive approach to managing the full working capital cycle of Time Recording, WIP, Billing through to Cash.
- Knowledge of ARCS and Aderant advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent communicator, positive attitude, strong team player, resilient, strong interpersonal and organisational skills are essential skills.
- Attention to detail, flexibility to work overtime and work to strict deadlines are also a must.
Duties & Responsibilities Include;
- Chasing fee earners up to ensure full and prompt time recording.
- Liaising with Partners and PAs in producing and preparing pre-bills within strict SLA timelines
- Respond to all billing related queries promptly
- Ensure bills are finalised and dispatched promptly
- Produce accurate submissions of invoices into e-billing systems as required and monitoring progress
- Take responsibility for billing against budgets and targets
- Arranging and attending monthly meetings with Partners to review WIP and Unpaid Invoices, agree course of actions and follow up accordingly
- Updating ARCS daily for actions and notes on Un-billed WIP and Unpaid Invoices
- Take responsibility for Cash Collection against targets
- Dealing with large portfolio of clients and liaising with them daily predominantly via telephone regarding unpaid invoices
- Dealing with all aspects of client queries on invoicing. Liaising with clients and lawyers as appropriate.
- Escalate issues and seek authorisation (where applicable) in accordance with Cash Collection Policy and Billing Policy
- Creation of Credit Notes.
- Writing off irrecoverable WIP and Disbursements. Client & Matter charge rates and data maintenance.
What you'll get in return
On Site Parking
Flexible Working From Home
25 Days + Bank Holidays What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.