- SEN Teaching Assistant
- £70+ per day
- Pupils aged 2-19 years old
- Full time position, Monday to Friday
- To Start in September
- OFSTED rated Outstanding
- Location: Waltham Forest
Are you a SEN Teaching Assistant looking for a new role? Are you a graduate looking for your first position or an experienced Teaching Assistant looking to work in a rewarding school environment in Waltham Forest?
Apply now to work with this OFSTED rated Outstanding SEN School in Waltham Forest. A specialist provider of SEN education and training. As a SEN Teaching Assistant in this school you will provide highly personalised support, working with small classes and continually receiving specialist training.
The school has developed its own curriculum to meet the diverse needs of their students and is constantly working to review and strengthen what is offered. Students may learn through a sensory approach, through play and practical activities or through a more formal approach. All curriculum pathways support pupils to develop effective communication, to improve their physical skills and their ability to explore the world around them. Interventions also focus on the skills of reading, writing, mathematics, science and ICT, with examinations offered for students who are able. There is also a holistic focus on making positive relationships, working alongside other people and playing their part in society. The school aims to prepare young people for their adult lives whether in employment, supported living or social care.
The school also employs music therapists, Speech and Language therapists and an Occupational therapist who work on site and would work with SEN Teaching Assistants to ensure students' outcomes are achieved.
Senior leadership takes great pride in the education and training opportunities they provide to staff and to students. This role would suit candidates looking to gain experience towards a career in occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, SEN Teaching, and working in the disability sector.
The SEN Teaching Assistant role:
- Strong understanding and experience of supporting pupils with additional needs
- Experience working as an SEN Teaching Assistant in a school environment
- Training in PECS, Makaton, manual handling and hoisting highly desired but not essential
- Fantastic Education and Training opportunities
- Adaptable, motivated and able to take initiative
- Supporting students aged 2-19 years of age
- SEN Needs supported include Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Speech Language and Communication, Severe Learning Difficulties, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, Multisensory Impairment, Visual Impairment or Hearing Impairment and complex needs.
- 3 specialist sites across Waltham Forest
- OFSTED rated Outstanding
- Based in Waltham Forest
Click apply now or contact email@example.com or phone 02030314863 for more information.