Here at Hain Daniels we are currently recruiting for a Shift Engineer at our Gateshead site. Here, we manufacture freshly prepared fruit for both the retail and convenience channels, as well as key foodservice partners. We make high quality, delicious food-to-go products.
The role of the Shift Engineer is to manage all aspects of maintenance and engineering operations during the shift: responding to breakdowns, completing preventativemaintenance tasks and ensuring all departmental procedures are followed toensure that all operational key performance indicators are achieved, whilst complying with company policy, procedure and legal compliance. This is a day shift role over a 12 hour day on a rotating shift pattern.Key Responsibilities
What you will need for the role / what it will take
- Respond to process equipment breakdowns in a way that minimises downtime of equipment and processes:-
- Completion of daily logs for communication, repairs, spares, replacements or strip down purposes.
- Provide permanent corrective action plans to prevent re-occurrence.
- Involvement with site projects and team activities to constantly improve progress/best practice/safe working practices.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety requirements on site as well as current legislation.
- Carry out maintenance tasks assigned and complete these in a way that maximises machine performance and reliability.
- To monitor the performance of our products and people to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and key stakeholders.
- Ensure "good manufacturing practice" (GMP) is followed at all times.
- Take part in or lead special projects or investigations as required by the Senior Management Team.
- Proven skill level relating to the area concerned (fully accredited technical qualifications specific to either electrical or mechanical bias).
- Able to understand and implement Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Inherent understanding of site hygiene, technical, QA and Health & Safety requirements.
- Must be able to lead, instruct and motivate others.
- Advanced computer knowledge (spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail).
- Excellent communicator at all levels. Able to positively influence internal and external customers, staff and senior management with confidence in own ability.
- Able to analyse technical problems/situations when and before they arise, offering logical solutions appropriate to the needs of the business.
The Hain Daniels Group is one of the UK's leading food companies. With sales of c£500m, we create food and drink products with natural goodness at their core. We're the business behind a host of household brands - Hartley's jams and jellies, Sun-Pat peanut butters, New Covent Garden Soup Co., Linda McCartney's meat free food, and Yorkshire Provender to name a few. Nearly half of our business is private label - we create quality freshly prepared fruit and juices, desserts, soups, sweet spreads and meat free products for our retail partners.Our Vision
To make it easier for everyone to lead a healthier, balanced lifestyle. Without our great team of people, this vision couldn't be our reality.Top Talent across the UK
Over our 12 sites up and down the UK, we employ circa 3,100 people in roles within Production, Supply Chain, Product Development, Sales and Marketing, and through to our Finance, HR, IT and beyond. Each of our colleagues is vital to our continued success. That's why we target the best talent, and help to develop them through the ranks. In fact, almost a third of our vacancies were internal promotions and transfers last year.Learning and Development
We offer Management and Leadership Development programmes appropriate to an individual's role and skill level, as well as a broad range of other training and development initiatives, including an extensive e-Learning suite to help self-serve your own development further.If Hain Daniels sounds like the company you'd like to contribute your energy and enthusiasm towards, and come on an exciting journey with us, then we can't wait to hear from you!