An experienced Management Accountant is required to join a growing business in the Penrith area. The company is interested in seeing applicants ranging from Part Qualified, Qualified or QBE Management Accountants.
Reporting to the Financial Controller you will have responsibility for the day-to-day management of three Finance Assistants and will be required to manage the completion of weekly and monthly accounts on an accurate and timely basis. Delivering financial management information to managers across the wider business.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking a varied and challenging role who is keen to be an integral part of a company growth plans. Therefore, they required an experienced and confident Management Accountant who is looking for a challenge in a fast-paced role.As Management Accountant your role will involve:
To apply for the job you must:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including profit & loss and balance sheet accounts
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts, analysing variances and liaising with and advising Managers and Service Managers where appropriate.
- Weekly and monthly cash flow monitoring and forecasting
- Production of statutory accounts and liaison with external auditors
- Management and leadership of a small finance team
- Support the Financial Controller with the production and delivery against financial KPI's.
- Process improvements to support a growing organisation
- Producing ad-hoc reports as requested and required by the Financial Controller.
- Preparation of weekly funds flow reports including daily cash management
- Cash Flow management and control.
- Ensuring that members of the finance team are effectively managed and developed
- Accounting for tangible fixed assets and maintenance of fixed asset register
- Monthly payroll processing and liaising with the Payroll Bureau to ensure accurate and timely payment to employees in relation to salaries and expenses. Resolving payroll queries and ensuring employees have access to relevant information. P11D and P60 processing.
- Have in depth experience of the complete production of monthly Management Accounts
- Have experience of managing the daily workload of Finance Assistants
- Have experience of Sage 50 & strong excel skills
- Experience of effectively communication with non-finance managers regularly
- Have a positive and encouraging outlook