- SEN Teaching Assistant
- £70+ per day
- Full time position, Monday to Friday
- Start time: 8.30am to 3.30pm
- OFSTED rated GOOD
- Location: Havering
- IMMEDIATE START
With trials taking place this week, I am urgently recruiting for an SEN Teaching Assistant for this OFSTED rated GOOD SEN School in Havering.
The school is a highly specialised environment, providing high quality education and training support to 80 pupils. As a small school, there is a heavy focus on individualised and age appropriate support. Students are aged 2-19 years old, with the developmental age of most pupils being 18 months and younger. We are looking for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant who understand the importance to adapting their approach to suit the individual learner's needs. The teaching team work hard to ensure students are engaged and supported to learn, grow and develop.
This is a hands on role which requires personal care, manual handling and hoisting, medication and feeding. Full education and training will be provided to successful applicants. In addition to the teaching team, the SEN Teaching Assistant will work closely with a medical team of NHS nurses who are based at the school. They are regularly visited by NHS paediatricians, dieticians, occupational therapists, physiotherapist and Speech and Language Therapists. There is also an Educational Psychology provided by the Havering Ed Psych Team.
SEN Teaching Assistants to play a vital role in individualising support to ensure all learners can grow and succeed. The needs of learners at this school are typically complex and significant. SEN Pupils at this school require support with cognition and learning (severe learning difficulties or profound and multiple learning difficulties). Students may also have associated needs in the areas of emotional/social and communication and interaction (autistic spectrum disorder and/or speech and language difficulties). In addition, students may have sensory or physical disabilities. Because of this, there are different curriculum pathways available to students, depending on their abilities.
The SEN Teaching Assistant role:
- Working with pupils aged 2-19 years old
- Working 1:1, 2:1 and in small group settings
- Supporting students with complex and interrelated needs including physical disabilities, Autism and PMLD
- Working alongside a multidisciplinary team from the school Havering LA
- Experience working in a SEN school is highly desired in this role
- Knowledge of severe learning difficulties, non-verbal communication and the ability to support with personal cares are essential in this role
- 80 pupils on site
- Students aged 2-19 years of age
- Student abilities are developmentally around 18 months or less
- OFSTED rated GOOD
- Based in Havering
- Incredible purpose built facilities and resources to support SEN learners
- Part of a large academy trust with other Special Schools providing opportunities for education and training
- Parking on site
Click apply now or contact email@example.com or phone 02030314863 for more information.