- SEN Teaching Assistant
- £70+ per day
- Full time position, Monday to Friday
- To Start in September
- OFSTED rated Good all through SEN School
- Location: Barking and Dagenham
This all through Special School in Barking and Dagenham are looking for an aspirational and optimistic SEN Teaching Assistant who can demonstrate a keen ability to believe in and support students with Special Needs. Roles are currently available across all key stages.
Working with pupils aged from 4 to 16 years of age, the school supports students with a range of needs under the following categories: Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), Profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), and Severe learning difficulties (SLD).
Education and training to work with young people with Special Needs is highly desirable in this role. The SEN Teaching Assistant with school based experience or experience in a Special School are encouraged to apply but applications from all individuals with a genuine interest and passion for SEN will be considered. Training or experience with non-verbal communication, managing behaviour and supporting with personal cares will be useful, but training opportunities will be provided for the right candidate.
This Barking and Dagenham school places a heavy emphasis on partnership, with strong links to the local mainstream primary, with families, with medical and therapy services and with the wider community. This is with the overall aim of inclusion and integration for all pupils in their local community as well as building pupils' knowledge of Barking and Dagenham community.
The SEN Teaching Assistant is expected to encourage and support this ethos, demonstrating and fostering a strong belief in the ability of their pupils, encouraging and building independence, developing communication and consistently providing opportunities for engagement.
The SEN Teaching Assistant will:
- Be enthusiastic and committed
- Have experience of working with pupils with special educational needs or a proven interest in supporting pupils with a wide range of learning difficulties
- Have sufficient education and training of SEN to accurately identify strengths and needs
- Have strong ability to adapt and individualise learning content for different pupils needs
- Be able to work as a proactive member of the team and work effectively alongside the class teacher
- Have a genuine interest in developing and growing within the SEN field and undertaking professional development.
- Have effective personal organisation, communication and ICT skills
- Supporting students aged 4-16 years of age
- Approximately 135 pupils on site
- OFSTED rated Good
- Education and training opportunities
- Excellent facilities and a modern working environment
- A strong leadership team keen to share their experience
- Strong links to the families, services for SEN, and the wider community
- Based in Barking and Dagenham
Click apply now or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02030314863 for more information.