Are you able to deliver exciting and creative lessons in the study of the land, its features, its inhabitants and the phenomena of the world around us?
Principal Resourcing are seeking to appoint a qualified teacher of Geography to work in a School based in Barnsley. You will need to be experienced in teaching Geography to GCSE and the ability to offer History or Religious Education is also desirable but not essential. You will be teaching the AQA curriculum across KS3 and KS4 with students with a range of academic abilities from top to bottom set so a varied and adaptable teaching style is required.
The role comes with many benefits, including a high performing and friendly Humanities department and a supportive SLT team and the opportunity to support educational trips with the students.
This position is to start ASAP to until December, working full time and the successful candidate will be responsible for all of the planning, teaching and assessment involved with the Geography role. NQTs are welcome to apply for this post.What you will require:
What we offer:
- Relevant qualifications (Teaching qualification (PGCE, Cert. Ed etc.) or equivalent
- Evidence of good classroom control
- A track record of demonstrating a strong ability to teach, plan and prepare lessons to Ofsted standards
- A strong and creative approach to teaching and raising attainment
- A commitment to develop the personalities, talents and abilities of all students
- A confident and positive approach to working with children
- The ability to be a proactive team member, committed to raising standards and achievement
- An enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- A passion for education within your subject
- A willingness and enthusiasm to commit to the expectations of the role and desire to contribute to extra-curricular responsibilities
- NQTs are very welcome to apply
- A current DBS registered with the Update Service or a DBS done through Principal Resourcing
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE iTOL accredited CPD courses available
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- 'Recommend a Friend' bonus
- A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003. Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We are proud to be REC Audited Education Status with the GOLD standard for recruitment.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.