Press Brake Senior Team LeaderLocation:
: Competitive depending on experienceJob Type:
Permanent, Full timeHours of Work:
Mon - Thurs: 8am - 5pm and Fr: 8am - 2pm
Do you know how to run a press brake section better than anyone else? Do you want to work on major projects for blue chip OEM customers? Are you looking for a new role in a cutting edge, modern manufacturing facility?
This is a frontline leadership role with full process ownership for the day to day running of the press shop. Ideally you'll have worked your way up from the shop-floor and are currently working as a team leader or manager in a similar role. You'll need to be skilled at people management, as you will managing a 20+ member team. You'll also have to be a highly organised individual, as well as being a technical expert in your field. You will be used to working to tight tolerances, be able to read technical engineering diagrams and be able to train less experienced members of your team to do the same.Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ensuring that your team members are trained in using the relevant machines and equipment, reading drawings and procedures
- Assuming full ownership of your team, by creating and maintaining their commitment, loyalty and motivation
- Organising and obtaining maximum results from your team, through briefing, encouragement, counselling and disciplinary action where necessary
- Recognising training and development needs and liaising with the Production Manager regarding your teams further development
- Ensuring all Safety / Rules / Standards are adhered to, ensuring correct Personal Protective Equipment is worn at all times.
- Ensuring the workshop and all its facilities:
- Are kept tidy and free from clutter at all times
- That operators are fulfilling their duties correctly and effectively at all times
- That parts are flowing to the next process with correct labelling procedures
- That 'Schedule reports' are being followed and signed off each operation
- Experience in press braking
- Exceptional management and communication skills
- Team player with a positive attitude towards work and staff engagement
- Proactive with an eye for problem solving and continuous improvement
- Excellent PC skills, especially Microsoft Office
- 25 days holiday per year
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free secure parking
- Health care scheme
Please note that due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position so all candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click the APPLY
button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Press Brake Team Lead, Press Brake Engineer, CNC Operator, CNC Press Brake Operator, Production Supervisor, Machine Operator, Press Brake Team Supervisor, Machinist, Programmer, CNC Operative, CNC Engineer, Press Brake Manager, Machine Operative, CNC Engineering will also be considered for the role.