We are looking for a Head of Quality and Compliance - a qualified nurse
with strong experience of providing an outstanding care service within previous roles, to manage the quality and compliance in 6 nursing homes, offering quality specialist care for older people and, in some homes, young physically disabled adults. Our client specialises in delivering complex care, rehabilitation and pioneering dementia care, focusing on nurturing an individual's independence and enabling them to enjoy their day to day life as much as possible.
Clinical governance is a framework which ensures organisational accountability for continuously improving the quality of their services and safe guarding high standards of care, by creating an environment in which clinical excellence will flourish.The purpose of the role is to lead and influence the clinical services in accordance with the seven pillars of clinical governance:
Principle responsibilities of the role
- Effectiveness, Risk management, Resident experience and involvement, communication, resource effectiveness, strategic effectiveness and learning effectiveness
Through effective leadership
- Providing management and leadership to develop and embed principles of quality, governance and risk management processes within the clinical services to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Undertake regular audits and inspections of services to give evidence-based feedback and coaching to home teams to drive and improve the care and quality in the homes
- Work closely with the Head of Operations to provide coaching and continuous professional development to clinical teams in the home to drive improvements in care quality
- Responsible for all continuous professional development and training for all home teams and delivery of an effective model to ensure the group remain compliant in line with regulatory standards and that a continuous learning culture across the homes is embedded.
- Developing the clinical services in accordance with research and evidence based best practice, by exploring and implementing innovative approaches to service delivery and improvement.
- Supporting the development and implementation of strategies for maintaining quality improvement including implementing appropriate policies and procedures, and reviewing their effectiveness
- Setting and sharing a vision for clinical service excellence whilst influencing culture change processes to embed this with Managers and Clinicians and Care staff.
you will provide Clinical Leadership and Governance across the group of homes, always acting in a way which supports the Company's values. Working in partnership with colleagues and stakeholders in the wider health and social care community to contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of service design, delivery and quality.You will be an expert in clinical and safety compliance and governance, service improvement and innovation.
Leading on clinical governance, overseeing the auditing and evaluation of service delivery ensuring compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements. Identifying areas for quality and service improvements and leading on initiatives, and coaching to implement and embed within service delivery.
You will ensure that appropriate training strategies and delivery models are in place to deliver all mandatory and regulatory standards for all the care team and undertake analysis and evaluation of clinical delivery standards and make any recommendations to the Quality and Governance Group through effective reporting.
Finally, you will create and champion a culture where high standards of quality care are organisational norms. Leading on the professional development of nursing and care staff, providing arrangements for their continual professional development and growth in readiness to meet both current and future clinical service delivery needs.
Please get in contact for a full, detailed job description.