A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Senior Manager, Complex Investigations based in Edinburgh.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Senior Manager, Complex Investigations will be responsible for working with Complex Investigation specialists globally and across the region / countries to identify and investigate complex investigations; supporting strategies and initiatives among reporting teams in support of Compliance objectives and ensuring effective execution of Complex Investigations within Group Financial Crime (FC); supporting execution of the regional and global investigative procedures or approved country variances, which are designed to ensure the operational effectiveness of the investigative capability; ensuring effective information sharing across Group Financial Crime (FC) and with other parts of the organization; ensuring investigative findings are effectively communicated to other parts of the organization for follow-on mitigation action, and results recorded. The role holder will be required to escalate significant financial crime threats and management issues to senior leadership so appropriate action can be undertaken in response.
The Senior Manager, Complex Investigations will be accountable for undertaking production and issue Management Information to senior leadership; proactively identify key emerging financial crime threats within the jobholder’s functional area and interface with other global functional areas; undertaking complex Investigations, which require a high-degree of professionalism and judgement; managing investigations within a programmatic capability across regions, and countries to conduct complex, proactive, intelligence-driven investigations, bringing together and drawing upon resources in other investigative functions where the nature of the investigation spans multiple geographies or financial crime types. The role holder will be responsible for supporting the Global Head of Complex Investigations in communicating the most significant and sensitive investigations and related mitigating actions to senior management to support and facilitate a strategic appraisal of the relevant risks.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Strong Experience working within a regulatory or investigative agency, or as a senior compliance manager within a global firm, in the financial services industry.
- Direct experience supervising the mitigation of financial crime risk at a strategic level.
- An excellent understanding of the current regulatory environment and expectations, relevant regulations, codes, as well as the underlying purpose of the Group’s standards, which is to mitigate risk to the financial system and provide information useful for the public sector to provide law enforcement and security.
- Extensive leadership experience managing investigators in a global investigative team.
- Excellent written and oral communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels.
- Documented ability to develop efficient and effective solutions to complex global issues.
- Strong track-record of being able to lead through influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop efficient and effective solutions to complex, cross-border operational issues.
- Ability to prioritise conflicting demands and problem solve in a dynamic environment.
- Track record of leading a team that delivers results aligned to long term business goals.
- Track record of resilience and confident challenge when in dealing with senior stakeholders to influence change without direct responsibility for resources or budget.
- Experience of working within a matrixed environment.
Closing dates for applications 27th October 2020