Our client has a 3 month contract vacancy for a Management Accountant (qualified), details as follows:
* To provide timely, accurate and comprehensive internal financial management accounts and support key operational managers and other internal stakeholders for all income and expenditure streams.
* Responsible for effective delivery of period end processes and provide timely and accurate delivery of monthly management reporting, budgets, reforecasts, risk and variance analysis and year end statutory accounts.
* Link together operational and financial information, ensuring that the prime book of accounts is reflective of all of the activities of the business, continuously reviewing of our systems requirements to ensure all financial management information is captured.
* To be a prime point of contact and support on all management accounting matters to Directors, Heads of Departments and the operational management teams.
* Responsible for the budget and forecasting process, using your experience to support budget holders; knowing when to encourage, when to instruct, and when to push back.
* Effective management of period end procedures to support timely and accurate delivery of monthly management reporting, including related analysis, follow up and detailed commentary.
* Collaborate with both financial and non-financial staff to ensure the production and delivery of accurate management accounts, forecasts and budgets.
* Identify and implement improvements to the month end financial close process, the annual budget process and other on-going reporting processes.
* Provide support to the Finance Manager - Financial Accounting for the development and co-ordination of the requirements of month end ledger control, ensuring that all balance sheet transactions initiated by the team (e.g. accruals) are reconciled monthly and that all transactions are appropriately represented in the ledgers.
* Provide support to the Finance Manager - Systems and Data for the development and management of systems and processes that deliver co-ordinated financial management information to the business as a whole.
* Provide support to the Finance Manager - System and Data and the Finance Analysts with the development of robust financial management information to allow the business to analyse operations in terms of price, mix and volume variances, as well as day to day delivery of other operations that may not fit that criteria.
* Ensure the timely production of data to feed into the Business Planning process
* Previous employment in a senior accounting role for either a housing association, the construction sector or a property services firm would be highly advantageous.
* Proven track record of working effectively in a fast paced client driven environment.
* A strong, clear working knowledge of processes and controls surrounding budgeting, forecasting and management account preparation, including detailed report writing and analysis.
* A strong, clear working knowledge management information report writing and design, including detailed variance analysis
* Preparation of process mapping and procedure documentation.
* Highly numerate and computer literate with strong Microsoft skills covering Word and Excel.
* Knowledge of Agresso Accounting system, Sequel Development system and ActiveH housing management system advantageous but not essential.
* Good understanding of relevant legislation and accounting principles for Housing Associations.
* Practical knowledge of the principles of management accounting, forecasting and budgeting.
* Qualified Accountant, ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent post graduate accounting qualification, with three years post qualification experience.
If you have the necessary experience and qualifications to fulfill this role, please submit your CV ASAP