C&I Sites: Gloucester/Harlow/Manchester/London
Summary of Role
At Raytheon UK we are proud to have developed a skilled workforce which is a leader in technological innovation across Cyber and Intelligence, Aerospace and Defence. However, it's not just our technology that pushes boundaries, our Finance team is always going above and beyond to deliver a quality service to the business and enable excellence through strong financial leadership.
Working in our finance team is not just about producing numbers, it's about understanding what drives them and making complex financial issues easy to understand. Reporting to the Training Business Finance Manager, the post holder will be a member of the Training Finance Team within the Cyber and Intelligence Business Area. Cyber & Intelligence is a geographically diverse business and offers multiple site locations as office based working solutions, working from home is also an option with this role with occasional travel to our other sites as required by the business.
The main focus of the role will be on providing high quality business partnering, providing robust and accurate financial insight including maintenance of financial reports, analysis of performance data, generation and analysis of cost data, support to new business opportunities, support to management/ programme teams, production and analysis of cost centre expenditure reports and support of internal/external reviews.
As part of the Cyber & intelligence Finance team the candidate will sit within a high performing team who are consistently looking to improve on how we provide support to the business. The successful candidate will need to be ambitious, highly motivated in expanding their technical knowledge, commercial acumen and have a drive to focus on their own personal development ensuring that the business receive 1st class financial analysis & support.
* Providing day-to-day financial support for key stakeholders within the business and wider company
* Supporting the quarterly EAC process
* Understanding and communication of the link between programme and financial performance for the business
* Recognition of revenue applied to service and product based programmes, including collaboration with financial accounting to ensure that programmes are set up correctly and executed in line with Raytheon policies.
* Support of pricing activity for commercial bid activities
* Reporting from SAP, BW and Cognos for all programmes
* Production, agreement and distribution of financial targets, including forecast, to Programme managers to ensure that forecasts are understood, have stakeholder buy in and are agreed prior to submission
* Champion best practice and look to improve systems and processes with liaison with wider finance teams
* Be responsible for excellent financial governance in line with Raytheon policy
* Ad hoc analysis as required by the business and wider finance teams
* Supporting the Finance Manager in production and dissemination of management information to key stakeholders in Raytheon UK and Raytheon US
* Act as guardian of the financial conscience of the business with the ability to play Devil's advocate and looking to provide solutions that innovative to financial problems
* Qualified accountant (CIMA preferred) with proven relevant commercial experience in a similar defence or complex contracting environment
* Resilience and able to adapt to changes in a fast-paced growing organisation
* Attention to detail
* Collaborator who can influence within a matrix organisation between multiple functions to achieve goals
* Working knowledge of MS Office; with a focus on Adavnced Excel skills
* Critical thinker who can identify and drive new business opportunities for financial growth
* Able to understand customer and stakeholders thinking, with the ability to influence and shape these
* Experience interfacing and conducting business with a various functional disciplines (Business Development, Contracts, Operations, Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain Management, Program Management, etc.)
* Strong communicator with the confidence and presence to interact with, and present to, senior leaders
* A creative problem solver who can operate effectively under changing constraints
* Current holder of or eligibility to obtain MoD Secret (SC) level security clearance
* "Can-do" attitude
* Pro-active approach and the ability to prioritise workload and desire to go an "extra mile" to add value
* Commercial/Business background, with demonstrable acumen
* Previous experience in a business partnering role
* Systems Experience in SAP, COGNOS
* Experience in a software development, system integration environment or similar would be advantageous