New role with a rapidly expanding defence sector organisation - In this Software Engineer role you can expect no two days to be the same. You will be working on projects at the leading edge of data security as part of a dynamic team expected to grow from 15 to 30 within the next 3 years.
Your work in the Software Engineer job with this defence sector business could include:
* Development of embedded software for next generation hardware components
* Using Embedded Linux for ongoing software change and test of a networked system of bespoke devices
* Working on development of next generation firmware and support software
* Developing systems to support embedded products
* Using your software and engineering skills to understand the complexities of the technology and implement solutions
* Designing and developing cross-platform solutions that can then be used with minimum redevelopment for alternative and future technologies
The Software Engineer job requires someone with:
* Experience designing and developing OO solutions for implementation in C++ on embedded Linux and non OO solutions for implementation in C on embedded Linux
* An understanding of Unix/Linux IPC concepts and the ability to use under Ubuntu (versions 14.04 to latest)
* The ability to configure and manage a Debian based embedded Linux operating system
* Fluency in C/C++ with gcc/g++ and a familiarity with cross-compilation and Make
* Experience of implementing software for TCP/IP socket communications
* Experience in Software Configuration Management and Issue Management
* Commercial programming experience or academic programming experience with a strong bias toward these outlined skills
* The ability to meet UK MoD security vetting criteria is essential for this role
Experience working with the following are desirable:
ULM (ideally SysML with Enterprise Architect), Cryptography, Wireshark, XML and ASN.1., CANbus, VHDL, DDS for real-time systems, software test and coding standard compliance, SQL/Database, MS Visual Studio2010 or above, other OO languages (eg C#.Net or Java), Windows desktop or Windows Server application development, Python or Perl, web application development, video and VOIP over ethernet.
This is a permanent, full time role based in Powys with occasional nationwide travel and the possibility of some remote working. A salary of £30000 to £50000 dependent on your skills and experience is on offer along with pension and 30 days holiday. With the continued expansion and ongoing training and development, career prospects with this organisation are excellent.
With exciting projects at the ready this company is prepared to move quickly for the right candidate. If that's you please apply now!
Pearson Beck Recruitment Ltd is acting as a recruitment agency with regard to this vacancy. We respond to all applications we receive so keep an eye on your mailbox