Our client, a well-respected and long established financial services provider based in Nottinghamshire, are recruiting for a Finance Assistant as they go through an exciting growth phase. The main purpose of the role is to assist the Financial Controller and Assistant Accountant in the day to day processing of the businesses transactions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a positive, customer focussed individual who takes pride in providing an excellent standard of customer service at all times. It would be ideal for someone with over 6 months experience in an accounting position and be studying AAT or have a degree related to Accounting. They are willing to sponsor the individual long term to achieve up to CIMA level.Main duties:
- Work with other Finance Assistants on a Rota basis to achieve the processing requirements of the Finance Department
- Perform the daily download allocating customer receipts to customer accounts
- Prepare Journals ready for posting into the Accounts system
- Code, log and batch supplier invoices ready for payment through fortnightly payment runs
- Prepare the fortnightly payment run
- Produce the daily treasury worksheet accurately using the TMS (Treasury Management) System
- Check, prepare and process all treasury documentation
- Carry out daily reconciliations on all balance sheet control accounts
- Assist with the preparation of the month end reporting
- Preparation of weekly and monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
They are looking for candidates who have at least 6 months previous experience in a finance role and ideally have studied an Accounting qualification (AAT or Degree for example) and have a positive, 'can do' attitude and willingness to learn.