Our client is a leading international business within the energy, utilities and industrial waste sector. The group provides key operational services to UK industry and the public sector.
Position: General Manager
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Benefits: Significant annual bonus, 33 days holiday including bank holidays, pension, laptop, mobile phone. They commit to making your long-term professional development plan their key priority and are embracing agile working as part of employee proposition and CSR commitment.
About the role:
You will direct and manage corporate activity and develop and implement effective business strategies and programs. Duties for the General Manager will include allocating budget resources, formulating policies, coordinating business operations, monitoring and motivating staff, managing operational costs, ensuring good customer service, improving administration processes, engaging with vendors, hiring and training employees, identifying business opportunities and monitoring financial activities. Entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist the organisation in maintaining relationships with clients, generating new business, increasing staff productivity, improving service, ensuring sustainability and meeting business objectives.
The person will possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of business functions, strong budgeting and finance skills, and proven leadership qualities. The General Manager should support all business activities, promote staff development, enhance efficiency, drive sales and improve revenue, maintain relationships with clients, enhance the organisation's image and meet overall growth objectives. Our employees are our greatest asset; the new GM will work with and develop the team leading to maximum employee engagement.
Who are we looking for?
• Minimum 10 years' experience within the Oil & Gas Industry. Experience within decontamination / decommissioning activity is an advantage.
• Good commercial acumen and demonstrable experience of this
• Good knowledge and understanding of offshore subsea oil and gas production systems is desirable.
• Knowledge of Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM) within oil & gas production systems is preferred.
• A basic understanding of onshore waste management and environmental legislation.
• Computer literate - CRM, SAP, Excel, Powerpoint
• Ability to work under specified and agreed time constraints.
• Engineering Degree preferred or relevant Industry Experience.
• Good knowledge of different business functions.
• Strong leadership qualities and a very engaging character
You may have experience of the following: Operations Manager, Oil & Gas, Engineering Manager, Engineering, Ops Manager, General Manager, Operations Management, etc.